The (Australian) research and development (R&D) facility conducts discovery and early development of therapeutic protein drugs, particularly therapeutic antibodies
The R&D laboratories located in Sydney, employ state of the art technologies to identify, produce and characterize therapeutic protein candidates. When these potential drugs have been demonstrated to have suitable drug-like properties and genuine scope to provide patient benefit they are transferred to other parts of Teva’s R&D organization for further development and progression to the clinic. The key skillsets of the Biologics R&D scientists are:
- Protein and antibody engineering
- Cell biology and pharmacology
- Therapeutic protein production, purification and characterization.
Utilizing these technologies and expertise, the group has a track record of advancing several protein therapeutics into clinical trials.
Learn more about Teva biopharmaceuticals
Selected publications related to our research can be accessed via the links below:
- Beneficial Effects of Human Anti-Interleukin-15 Antibody in Gluten-Sensitive Rhesus Macaques with Celiac Disease.Sestak K, Dufour JP, Liu DX, Rout N, Alvarez X, Blanchard J, Faldas A, Laine DJ, Clarke AW, Doyle AG.
Front Immunol. 2018 Jul 11;9:1603. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2018.01603. eCollection 2018.
- An anti-TL1A antibody for the treatment of asthma and inflammatory bowel disease.
Clarke AW, Poulton L, Shim D, Mabon D, Butt D, Pollard M, Pande V, Husten J, Lyons J, Tian C, Doyle AG.
MAbs. 2018 May/Jun;10(4):664-677. doi: 10.1080/19420862.2018.1440164. Epub 2018 Mar 5.
- Targeting Attenuated Interferon-α to Myeloma Cells with a CD38 Antibody Induces Potent Tumor Regression with Reduced Off-Target Activity.
Pogue SL, Taura T, Bi M, Yun Y, Sho A, Mikesell G, Behrens C, Sokolovsky M, Hallak H, Rosenstock M, Sanchez E, Chen H, Berenson J, Doyle A, Nock S, Wilson DS.
PLoS One. 2016 Sep 9;11(9):e0162472. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0162472. eCollection 2016.