Patient safety is our focus.
All of our products undergo thorough safety monitoring and evaluation processes at every stage of a medicine's lifecycle.
Our Pharmacovigilance unit safety professionals are responsible for monitoring, identifying, analyzing and reporting potential safety risks associated with the use of a Teva medicinal product or device.
Our pharmacovigilance team:
- Takes an active part in studies during the investigational stage, monitoring the safety of medicines in clinical use by collecting adverse events
- Maintains an advanced database of all reported side effects that is used for effective collection, assessment and prevention of adverse events
- Actively reviews and reports to regulatory authorities side effects reported by patients, their caregivers or healthcare professionals
- Uses sophisticated techniques, data analytics and clinical judgment to determine the possibility of a new risk once a drug is marketed
- Is continuously monitored by regulatory authorities
- Engages external advisory panels to ensure patient safety
How We Collect Safety Data
Once a medicine has been released on the market, physicians, patients, healthcare teams and other caregivers can report side effects and safety concerns. All of our employees participate in pharmacovigilance training, to ensure effective collection of safety data within our organization.
Additionally, we take active measures to analyze all collected safety data:
- Signal Detection - A periodic review, whereby the safety profile of each product is analyzed and evaluated to identify any possible new safety issues
- Periodic Safety Update Report - A comprehensive report submitted to the authorities that includes safety data and analysis of risk-benefit profile
- Risk Management Plan - Based on a specific product’s safety profile, Teva suggests additional activities to monitor, minimize or prevent identified and potential risks and adverse events
Please find frequently asked questions about patient medication here.